Calib - Camera Calibrator
Calib Camera Calibrator is a fully featured geometric camera calibration software developed by the computer vision experts at Calib.io that uses state-of-the art algorithms for accurate calibration of single and multiple camera setups.
The main features include:
- Accurate intrinsic and extrinsic camera calibration with a number of configurable camera/lens models.
- OpenCV's 14-parameter camera model. Individual parameters can be turned on/off.
- OpenCV's fisheye camera model based on Brandt/Kannala.
- Halcon's Division model for perspective cameras.
- FOV camera model of Devernay/Faugeras.
- Thin Prism model of Weng.
- Robust parameter optimization with Huber-norm loss and non-monotonic trust-region search.
- Supports N cameras with bundled adjustment optimization.
- Supports M calibration targets for larger FOVs.
- Detection of many calibration target types with improved subpixel localisation, yielding more accurate and robust localization than OpenCV.
- Comprehensive analysis tools for assessing quality of calibration.
- Per-camera, per-pose and per-feature RPE statistics (RMS, mean, median).
- Statistical normality tests (Anderson-Darling).
- Visualisations of residual directions and magnitudes over the image plane.
- Available as GUI desktop software or shared object library (C++).
- Cross Platform: we currently support Windows 7+ and Linux.
Download the user manual for detailed feature descriptions.
The following license options are available:
|License Type||Description||Price Per License|
|Calibrator Trial||Free 14 day trial license for evaluation. One machine activation.||0 EUR|
|Calibrator Perpetual||Single machine, perpetual license. For internal business and development use. Transferable within licensee organisation.||
450 EUR (Limited time offer)
||Single machine, perpetual license. May be used to calibrate commercial products for sale. Transferable within licensee organisation.||Ask for quote
|libCalib||C++ library (C++11 and later) to embed into your software. Available as per-machine or per-product license.||Ask for quote
Per-machine licenses can be transferred to other machines in the possession of the license holder (individual or company). For details on Calibrator licensing, see our EULA. After purchase a download link and license key is sent within 24 hours via email.
State of the Art Algorithms and Support
The software leverages years of research and expertise in the field of computer vision and industrial metrology. The algorithms are designed to operate on a sub-pixel level, fast and very robustly. State-of-the-art subpixel-localization for saddle points and circles yield the most accurate results possible. Robust optimization provides good results even with lower quality data or in the presence of outliers.
The experienced team at Calib.io will be available for support to assist you in obtaining the best result possible.
Calibrate Multi-Camera Setups
The software supports simultaneous calibration of multi-camera systems. The calibration is performed by non-linear bundle adjustment where parameters for all observations are estimated at the same time using state of the art optimization methods.
Use Marker Targets for Large FOVs
When calibrating large fields of view (FOV), e.g. outdoors or for large scale metrology, calibration targets typically need to be very large. Calib has the unique feature of allowing calibration with a network of smaller "marker targets". This is similar to the self-calibration approach used in photogrammetry, but does not have the same limitations (self-calibration has strict requirements for camera numbers and orientations to converge and needs additional data to determine focal lengths).
Supports Many Calibration Targets
The currently supported targets for camera calibration are the following:
- Regular Circle Grid
- Asymmetric Circle Grid
- AruCo Targets
Have a target you would like to see supported? You will influence the priority of new features by posting a Feature Request. We are also able to make individual feature additions based on a consultancy agreement (contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss this option).
Using various data visualizations, the user can assess the quality of the calibration. Reprojection errors for each observation are presented and the user can omit erroneous outliers and redo the calibration for improved result in an iterative fashion.
A statistical analysis is also performed on the calibration results. This feature makes it easy to spot if any bias is present in the acquisition.
3D visualisations of the imaged scene can be used to further verify the calibration.
Include In Your Own Product
The software is available as a cross platform shared object C++ library that can be embedded into your product. Licenses are either tied to number of machines running the software, or cover inclusion in a single designated product.
For the various licensing options please contact email@example.com for more information.
Calib is the most comprehensive software for geometric camera calibration on the market. However, we regularly add features and provide updates. As a licensee, you can post and vote on future additions. Click here to see our current roadmap.